Saturday, December 8, 2012

Partners in grime

                                               You asked to see more of the glove...


it's back


some are more easily amused than others...

~ ~ ~

                                              I'd like to introduce you to The Scrub


It's a superb workhorse here in The Humble Bungalow



Bon Ami is an American made product
it translates from French and means "Good Friend"
first made in 1886
and it is a "green product"
which makes me feel good using it
plus there has never been a better friend in the Bungalow Kitchen
it's especially great at keeping the porcelain country farmhouse sink looking
 spic and span.


Tea stains and scratches are common enemies of the sink
Bon ami removes then in an instant with very little effort.


It's a good friend in the bathroom too!

~ I copied the following information right off the website ~
But kitchens and bathrooms have changed, and need an updated cleaner. Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is the answer. This formula starts with vegan, plant-based cleaning agents made from coconut and corn oils, then adds feldspar and the even softer abrasive, limestone. We add a little bit of soda ash and a touch of baking soda. The result is a natural, effective cleaner for modern surfaces.

Bon Ami Powder Cleanser is our most popular, general use powder.  It sports an updated yellow label, and can be found in most grocery stores, as well as online at BonAmi.net and EcoMom.com.

~ ~ ~

It costs a bit more than a chemical laden version cleaner
but it makes cleaning safer and greener for all of us who share the planet.

~ ~ ~



The arsenal of tools that sit by the sink at the ready.


Don't thank me for this tip
thank the glove.

Hard working domestic help is hard to find!


I'm hanging up my gloves for the weekend
as all here is chaos 
with our renovation in the last stages of readiness
there is very little that I can do but get dressed and head to the mall and do some Christmas shopping
and I'll leave the Humble Bungalow in the hands (paws) of the experts!

Be Well, Be Kind and Be Lovely!

10 comments:

LPC said...

I love Bon Ami. So nice not to be throwing chlorine down the sink. And I am of course a big fan of The Glove.

NancyDaQ said...

Bon Ami is great stuff! I also like Bartender's Friend. Both clean well but aren't harsh.

J.W. said...

I'm a fan of both The Glove and Bon Ami...and, of course, the cats :)

DaniBP said...

I wonder where I can find your Bon Ami! I must get some!
Good move leaving the reno chaos for the shopping mall. I hope you had fun.

Sarah said...

I love the glove and your dear Kitty too... Have never tried Bon Ami - maybe unavailable in UK or Australia? Have never seen it but will keep an eye out - just what I need. X

Awakening my Wardrobe said...

I grew up in a house with a mother who was obsessed with having a clean house. She always used Bon Ami for non abrasive bathroom cleaning. My parents stayed at my house a few times generously watching the kids when they were small so my husband and could have a little getaway by ourselves and my mother came armed with her own pair of yellow Playtex gloves from home. She was serious about cleaning and serious about her manicure. I completely forgot about Bon Ami and will pick some up at the store for old times sake. It really is a good product. For years, I've been a big fan of Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products with lavender for my cleaning needs. Natural and effective and I love just about anything with lavender essential oils.


Mummaducka said...

Bon Ami is available here in Australia too. It is a bit hard to find though. My mother worked for a chemical production company and the scientists there told her that the best product for cleaning sinks and the like was Bon ami. it was the least 'scratchy ' of all the different types on the market. they told her that using it would keep her sink looking near new for many more years than others.

the gardener's cottage said...

bon ami fan here too!

Judith said...

Welcome back yellow friend.Same as Sarah have never heard of this,will check out....what starts in the USA usually finds it way over the pond.Ida

KSL said...

I've used Bon Ami for years. I do buy the Playtex gloves, but never put them on. I'm very lazy and my hands show it.